THIS WEB SITE SUBSCRIBES TO AND COMPLIES WITH THE VOLUNTARY PRIVACY PRINCIPLES CONTAINED IN THE ELECTRONIC COMMUNICATIONS AND TRANSACTIONS ACT 25 OF 2002.
“Racking Africa” means Racking Africa (Pty) Ltd
“user” means any person accessing any part of the web site
Collection of personal data
1. Where personal information (such as your name, address, telephone number and e-mail address) is submitted to the site by the user (e.g. through sending an e-mail) the following principles are observed in the handling of that information:
a. No information is specifically requested on this web site – all information received by Racking Africa (Pty) Ltd is voluntarily submitted;
b. Racking Africa (Pty) Ltd will not use the personal information submitted for any other purpose other than the efficient provision of services, including this web site, without obtaining the prior written approval of the user or unless required to do so by law.
c. Racking Africa (Pty) Ltd will not disclose any personal information regarding a user to any third party unless the prior written agreement of the user is obtained.
d. If information is released with the user’s consent Racking Africa (Pty) Ltd will retain a record of the information released, the third party to which it was released, the reason for the release and the date of release, for a period of one year.
e. Racking Africa (Pty) Ltd will destroy or delete any personal information which becomes obsolete.
2. Note that, as permitted by the ECT Act, Racking Africa (Pty) Ltd may use personal information collected to compile profiles for statistical purposes and trade in these profiles. No information contained in the profiles or statistics will be able to be linked to any specific user.
Collection of anonymous data
3. In order to provide the best possible service, Racking Africa (Pty) Ltd uses standard technology to collect information about the use of this site. This technology is not able to identify individual users but simply allows Racking Africa (Pty) Ltd to collect statistics.
4. This web site utilises temporary or session cookies that collect the first level domain name of the user. This means that if your e-mail address is email@example.com, the cookie will collect the “email.com” part of the address.
Cookies are small pieces of information sent to the user’s browser and stored on the user’s hard drive. Temporary or session cookies expire and are deleted when your browser is closed.
Cookies by themselves cannot be used to personally identify users.
If necessary users can alter the manner in which their browser handles cookies.
Links to other web sites
6. While reasonable measures are taken to ensure the security and integrity of information submitted to this site, Racking Africa (Pty) Ltd can not under any circumstances be held liable for any loss or other damage sustained by a user or users as a result of the intentional or accidental release of information by an employee of Racking Africa (Pty) Ltd or any third party.